Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Happy Granny Handbag



Have you bought a crochet magazine on impulse simply because you couldn't resist the free yarn on the front? Me too... Gorgeous colours, just right for assorted granny squares, but unfortunately only enough for six! What to do with them? A cube was the obvious choice but not very useful.

So, I rummaged around for some complementary colours in my stash. Thirteen squares and a pair of crochet handles later, The Happy Granny Handbag was born. Here is the front:


And here is the back:


And here is a close-up to show off just how lovely the yarn really is :-)



Just the right size for an A5 notebook (mine follows me everywhere!) plus phone, keys, purse and an emergency banana...



It was so much fun I will definitely be making some more for my shop in different funky colours. Which colours would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment